[Dwn-trans-english] CVS disabled?

Jens Seidel tux-master@web.de
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:43:38 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:13:04PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2004-03-15 14:30]:
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 02:12:45PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> >> $ cvs login
> >> Logging in to :pserver:jseidel-guest@cvs.alioth.debian.org:2401/cvsroot/dwn-trans
> >> CVS password:
> >> cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.alioth.debian.org rejected access to /cvsroot/dwn-trans for user jseidel-guest
> >>
> >> The same happend already last week and I know at least one other user
> >> (Helge Kreutzmann) which was/is affected.
>
>  I've changed you both to Developer role now. Although I wouldn't expect
> that this makes any difference (at least it would be very
> counterintuitive) I hope that it resolves the problem -- it is the only
> difference that I can see between your accounts and the ones of the
> other -guest accounts.
>
>  I raised the issue on #alioth in oftc already and hope to get any
> answer. I can't really see a connection between the role in a project
> and the permissions. If that is really the reason I don't see the
> meaning of the role at all, sorry....

Now I found the problem!

First I'm still unable to connect via pserver as usual but now I can use
the ext protocol. Is this because I'm now a developer instead of a
translator? OK, that's unimportant, it just works.

export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -d:ext:jseidel-guest@cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/dwn-trans up

Because the host of a few alioth related servers changed, it was
necessary to remove alioth specific entries in ~/.ssh/known_hosts to
allow ssh to establish a connection.

Jens