[Glibc-bsd-devel] Re: comments on the FreeBSD packages

Robert Millan zeratul2@wanadoo.es
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:50:48 +0000

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 09:07:38PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> True. I'm just limited on time. Lately, I have been working long hours,
> and have limited windows of time to get on the internet. :(
>
> So I concentrate on what I can do at home.

I see.. well, i look forward for when you can put the stuff in CVS.

> > No matter (as long as we don't have to bootstrap them)
>
> No just build the new libc5, and the others will be fine. I added a
> couple libs for some of the new utilities.

Uhm, it seems there is trouble bootstrapping:

 - make is built against the old libc5 package and gets relocation errors
   when run with the new one.
 - i can't rebuild make with the new libc5 package, because if i install
   it, then the old make will stop working.

Please could you upload some binaries?

> [...]
> So consider these packages to be in very early stages of development.

Just like the rest of the system :)

--
Robert Millan