[Glibc-bsd-devel] ia64 donation for GNU/KFreeBSD

Guillem Jover guillem@debian.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 22:16:05 +0200

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:19:08PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> Guillem told me that when he spoke with you about our efforts on
> GNU/KFreeBSD you offered him to provide an ia64 box for the port.

Yes I should have mailed Bdale earlier ;>.

> That's very kind of you! Please could you tell us the estimated time
> for that?

Bdale told me that we better waited two months to have a new ia64 model
that's going to be released soon. So as we don't have a working ia64 port
now, I think we can wait and polish the little issues on i386, to be
more prepared with the new arch.

> We want to setup a box for our public repository and depending on
> this ETA we might opt for waiting or using a cheap i386 box for now.

If the machine is going to stay in Barcelona, we could setup a i386
now and replace later with the ia64 once we have it. Robert or me could
do the swap.

thanks,
guillem