Cleaning up base

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Sun Oct 9 20:14:09 UTC 2005

Robert Millan a écrit :
> Looks like the latest updates/bugfixes reduced the list of "unreleased" packages
> in base, somewhat.  Here's an up-to-date list.  I've tried to add a comment with
> what the current status is (please correct me if i'm wrong):
>
>   apt			pending fix in BTS
pending? I would rather said ignored...

>   coreutils		not ftbfs (fix in BTS anyway)
we are using the version from unreleased because of:
bug#311960 : fixed upstream
bug#329451 : I am working with upstream, but no answer for a while, I
              should ping them.

>   dpkg			pending fix in BTS
pending? I would rather said ignored...

>   glibc			bhahaha
>   procps		upstream put me in /ignore
>   ufsutils		still in experimental
>   util-linux		unsent up-to-date patch (Guillem is dealing with upstream)
>
>   freebsd-utils		full of bollocks
>   kfreebsd-image	clean, waiting to be uploaded
what do you mean? kfreebsd-5? in that case it is already in unstable.

>   kfreebsd-loader	won't build easily.. maybe use grub instead?
>   kldutils		clean, waiting to be uploaded
>
> Packages for which no more work is needed:
>
>   apt, coreutils, dpkg, ufsutils, kfreebsd-image, kldutils
I would put apt and dpkg in the "social work" category...

  `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net