[Gnuk-users] Did I brick my fst-01?

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Sun Feb 8 02:27:57 UTC 2015

Hello, Micah,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for my bothering you.

On 02/08/2015 04:03 AM, micah wrote:
> So the firmware of the stlink device is an important piece of the
> puzzle!

Noted.

I share your pain.  After all, the exact reason why I started Gnuk
Project was I felt it's not legitimate any more in 2010 to keep using
the firmware of OpenPGPcard for myself.

I think that using OpenPGPcard was legitimate like the BIOS in ROM
(not flash ROM which can be updated easily) in the last century.  Or
it was legitimate to use HP/UX or SunOS 4 in 80's for developing Free
Software, as we didn't have free operationg system at that time.

I think that before Gnuk Token becoming more popular, it is legitimate
to use OpenPGPcard for general people, still.

It would be good Bus Pirate or something supports SWD.  It seems that
it works:

    https://github.com/pfalcon/PySWD

I once used Versaloon: http://www.versaloon.com/

You can see, the Versaloon programmer or ST-Link/V2 use STM32F1 or
STM32F2.  It would be interesting to design a board which can be
platform of Gnuk and of free SWD programmer.