[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.1.4/Win7 64bit

Gary gary at mups.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 10:30:10 UTC 2015

On 17/04/15 10:05, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:

> I now understand it doesn't work on Windows, but I don't understand
> the cause of this problem.
>
> I'll check the CCID specification and keep experiment on Windows.

If it's of any help, the first commit I could find where Win7 stopped
working was

59d522efba3b258e2de644647e434b5c61e7b680 NumLock card change

If you build the commit prior to that it works.

As Yuji mentioned when it works you'll get two devices showing up in
device manager, one smart-card reader and one unknown. For the above
commit however, you only get the smart-card reader showing, much like
we're seeing with the latest 1.1.4 version.

The commit looks like it adds a new interrupt based end point and
changes some of the card change state handling.

I'm not familiar with CCID to offer any real help on this, but if you
can figure out what caused that commit to not work on Win7 it may shed
some light on 1.1.4 too.

Thanks for looking into this,

Gary