[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.1.4/Win7 64bit

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Sat Apr 18 02:26:57 UTC 2015

On 04/17/2015 07:30 PM, Gary wrote:
> If it's of any help, the first commit I could find where Win7 stopped
> working was
>
> 59d522efba3b258e2de644647e434b5c61e7b680 NumLock card change

Thank you.  Thank you for your time for locating this.  Now, I
understand the cause.

Removing the INTERRUPT endpoint from the code, I confirmed that it
works on Windows.  I am currently seeking the way Gnuk Token works on
Windows with keeping this endpoint.

Let me explain the change I have introduced and the reason.

CCID uses control transfer endpoint and two bulk endpoints (IN and
OUT), and an optional interrupt endpoint.

Gnuk 1.0.x doesn't use an optional interrupt endpoint.

In Gnuk 1.1, I introduced using this interrupt endpoint, so that we
can use the feature of insertion/removal of card.

The feature could be useful when/if we will support multiple (virtual)
cards within a single Gnuk Token.  Even if it's a single (virtual)
card within a single Gnuk Token, it is useful when user want to let
insert/remove a card from token.

I usually insert Gnuk Token when I need to sign/authenticate, use it,
then, soon, physically remove it from USB.  Things will be convenient
when I can keep Gnuk Token inserted and I can control the status of
(virtual) card insertion/removal.

I hope I will fix this issue soon.  If not soon, I will prepare a
patch removing the INTERRUPT endpoint.

The problem to solve is interoperability between CCID device and
Windows PC/SC service.  I'll do experiments on Windows.

Last year, I've successfully removed last Windows from our living
room.  For annual tax payments, I keep a notebook PC with Windows
Vista, it's usually in our attic.

Although Windows is not daily use for myself, I know that Gnuk Token
rather makes more sense on those proprietary operating system, when
people are forced (or inevitable) to use it.  Thus, I'd like to do my
best supporting Gnuk Token on Windows.
--
My major application is Windows Update.