[Gnuk-users] porting GNUK to other MCUs

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Jun 22 00:26:29 UTC 2015

Sorry, I didn't have time to reply your personal message sent to me.
I'm replying this one.

On 06/21/2015 02:30 PM, Aurel wrote:
> I'm new to arm MCUs and to GNUK, and I'm trying to figure out what
> settings I need to put in order to build GNUK for the Espruinio Pico
> board (http://www.espruino.com/Pico).

It seems that the board uses MCU of STM32F4 series, which is _not_
compatible for Gnuk.  Gnuk supports boards with STM32F103.

It would be possible to port Gnuk to STM32F4, however, it is rather
opposite direction to go.

I ported Chopstx (the thread library) to STM32F0, to see the
possibility of STM32F0.

Personally, I don't have an idea to port Gnuk to feature-full and
powerfull MCU.  I intentionally use non-powerful MCU with no crypto
accelerator.  STM32F103 is not so powerful but powerfull enough for
crypto computation of Gnuk (for me).

Well, if someone will port Gnuk to STM32F4, I would accept patches
(for an experiment), but it wouldn't be a recommended platform for
actual use.