[Gnuk-users] porting GNUK to other MCUs

Aurel kerusursaone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:16:59 UTC 2015

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I didn't mean to push for an answer, I just
figured out it might be better on the mailing.

> It seems that the board uses MCU of STM32F4 series, which is _not_
> compatible for Gnuk.  Gnuk supports boards with STM32F103.
>
> It would be possible to port Gnuk to STM32F4, however, it is rather
> opposite direction to go.
>
> From what I understood from reading about Cortex-M architecture, what
works on a Cortex M3 should also easily work on an M4, even though it might
not use all it's features, that's why I tried ...

> Well, if someone will port Gnuk to STM32F4, I would accept patches
> (for an experiment), but it wouldn't be a recommended platform for
> actual use.
>
> I doubt it will be me, but I hope this will happen. Having GNUK working on
more boards, even if not the recommended choice would help encourage it's
use I think.
Thanks again,
Aurélien.