[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.2.6 / NeuG 1.0.6 / Chopstx 1.5 / Fraucheky 0.5

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Oct 12 18:51:42 UTC 2017

On Thu 2017-10-12 10:57:48 -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> We had briefly talked about it at Debconf17...
>
> If they were actually uploaded to debian, users could have a trust path
> From debian, and we'd get reproducible builds testing out of the deal!
> :)

yes, that would be a nice side effect!

> That's actually how I built the firmware for my gnuk... so I already
> have some rough packaging.

pointers?  how many gluten-free cookies do i need to bake to get you to
publish your work as a start?  or should i just file an RFP for chopstx
to get it going?

> The technical part was fairly straightforward for a single platform;
> not sure how easy it would be to built for multiple platforms.

i think if we get it built for a single platform first, it would provide
us with a lot of useful insights about how we might want to try to
approach multiple platforms.  As long as we keep it out of testing at
first, we can experiment with debian packaging arrangements in unstable
until we find something that looks useful.

> I also found the regnual tool very helpful to switch from neug to gnuk,
> as most FST-01 devices ship with neug.

should regnual be a separate package?

       --dkg