[gopher] Local Veronica?

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Fri Dec 26 16:28:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Benjamin Newman <benn.newman at snc.edu>
wrote:

> The University of Nevada at Reno never responded to my letter asking
> that they release the source for Veronica and Cameron Kaiser chooses not
> to release the source for Veronica-2.
>
> There is also local Veronica, which I had forgotten about (dead link):
>
> http://hal3000.cx:70/Software/Unix/local.veronica.tar.gz
>
> It is a modified version of UNR's Veronica and I used in on the Gopher
> server I used to run. Your subject line should have reminded me of it
> but, alas, it was the WWW--Wikipedia.

I see. Thanks.

Does anyone on this list have any experience in setting up jugtail and
using it?

I've managed t get it to work, index the data and serve up queries. But
I've had to
proxy requests via something like:

echo $QUERY_STRING | nc localhost 3000

in a /var/gopher/search/gophermap executable CGI.

cheers
James

James Mills / prologic

E: prologic at shortcircuit.net.au