[gopher] RFC submission?

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Sat Jan 3 08:15:36 UTC 2015

Hi Mateusz,

Interesting view you have :)

I must admit I do kind of feel the same way.
(Bearing in mind that I'm quite new!)

My 2c worth would be that:

a) We use UTF-8 across all of Gopherspace

and

b) We actually simplify the protocol and even remove some item types that
make little to no sense. (e.g: Just one image itemtype)

I do agree however that the RFC *should* be about the protocol and make no
suggestions about what implementations should and shouldn't do.

cheers
James

James Mills / prologic

E: prologic at shortcircuit.net.au