[gopher] Firefox website selection on new tab page

Walter Vermeir wvermeir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:09:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

While playing with Firefox I just noticed something that I did not knew
and can be of interest of other users;

When you open a new tab page there are those tiny websites displayed
that you often visit, a sort of bookmark function. But the only show
websites, never gopher sites (so far I know).

But you can put gopher sites there manually.

Open a gopher site
(suggestion; my favorite
gopher://gopher.viste.fr/hcomics/gophcomix.cgi?dilbert  )

Click, hold and drag on the little globe icon before the gopher://
protocol label and drag it to the new tab page and release it somewhere.
Optionally pin it down.  And so can you easily include gopher sites on
the new tab selection.

Walter

--
Verzonden vanaf mijn computer (onnozel hé?)