[gopher] Future of this mailing list

Nuno Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Thu Oct 19 06:03:13 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-18 20:02 -0400, Stephen Kellat wrote:

> I???ve been a bit busy to respond.  Getting my dotfiles right at SDF
> to read NNTP in alpine in an SSH session hasn???t been successful so
> far.  Charter/Spectrum/TWC has NNTP traffic blocked and Eternal
> September is blocked.  Unless I get into undocumented adventures with
> UUCP tunneled through SSH to have a leaf node at home...well, you get
> the idea.  This is impossible right now for me.  Working in a terminal
> session with the IRS mainframe in Individual Masterfile accounts is
> immensely simpler.

Worst case, if you have a client machine with OpenSSH, you can try the
-D option to enable tunneling through a SOCKS proxy interface. You
specify a port for the proxy, then, if your news client has an option to
use a proxy, you can point it to that ssh local "proxy".

But I have no idea if this is possible through SDF...

SDF-EU also seems to be undergoing some maintenance, if you're on that
side of SDF.

--
Nuno Silva