[Kernel-handbook-general] Japanese translation

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Sun Sep 1 16:06:00 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-09-01 at 16:49 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
[...]
> For the web site, the Japanese version should be included but 'deep
> links' into the existing English version should remain valid.  I think
> each language should go into a subdirectory, with a front page listing
> the available languages, and an .htaccess file redirecting the current
> chapter URLs.

Actually we might be able to use Apache's content negotiation (install
as ch-foo.html.en and ch-foo.html.ja, and rely on browsers sending
Accept-Language), but if a browser is configured wrongly then it may be
hard to override.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow Lindberg