[kgb-maintainers] KGB-1 is changing homes

Arno Töll arno at debian.org
Mon Apr 29 14:31:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 29.04.2013 16:22, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Right now, the client tries to connect to a server by its hostname. Separately
> for each commit. This would mean that a git push could result in
> notifications scattered across all the bots. A cosmetic inconvenience,
> but still. (BTW this would be avoided in a future version I am working
> on, in which a stream of commits is sent in a single request).

This happens already by observing #debian-qa and other channels where
you can see large merges. It's fairly random which bot eventually sends
the notification from my point of view (I don't know about the
underlying communication protocol though)

That said note, that DNS round robin responses are stable within the TTL
you send along. That means, for a single transaction it's very likely
they are all sent to the same bot and not scattered unless you set a
very low TTL (< 10s or so).

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll