debian package

Xavier Oswald x.oswald at free.fr
Thu Sep 4 17:49:43 UTC 2008

On 18:03 Thu 04 Sep     , picca wrote:
> This is not about having or not a DD in the team.
> Debian builds its packages from the origianl tar.gz and a .diff file
> with the debian directory and all modifications of the original tar.gz
> made during the packaging.
> if the tar.gz already contain a debian directory the diff between this
> "original" debian directory and the one use for the packaging create a
> very ugly patch (.diff) file.
>
> sometimes other peoples can modifiy your debian package and you need
> to reimporte it in the git repository. In fact the "debian official"
> package of lisaac can evolve indepedantly of lisaac.
> That is why I propose to put the debian directory in it's own branch.

Right, we need to delete the debian and gentoo directory from the master branch!

I have a little idea about how to handle the debian packaging related stuff, but
I will let Aurélien ( which is a DD ) explain that ;)

Greetings,
--
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <x.oswald at free.fr>
 : :' :  GNU/LINUX Debian Maintainer