Lisaac website [less scary]

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:05:19 UTC 2009

Hi again,

I'm sorry not to have put more consideration on my writing. I really did
not want to criticize for free, and it's true that's an amazing work. I
would have done differently, but this is no reason to lessen the work
involved and the success I think the website is. Perhaps I was just a
little too unnerved with the wallpaper discussion so I couldn't care
less about how my message would be received.

So, let's sum up my points, and perhaps we can discuss them one by one.
I'm not asking for you to change the website and have it my way, just to
discuss about the problem I mentionned

* Allow non JavaScript users. This is just easy as the site works almost
perfectly well without (with the exception of the front page)

* The fancy view of the team. We should at least HAVE a traditional way
to access team's information. I don't want to have to navigate in a 3D
world to get Ben's CV.

* Scrolling logos attract attention needlessly

* Animated menu prevent the eye to fully focus on the content until they
are opened (it is about a millisecond, but it is annoying for me)

* Fading news headlines are a mess without JavaScript and are difficult
to understand at a quick glance.

* The poll, thinking about it I think it's a good idea in the end. Let
us know where users are coming from. Perhaps add a freetext answer if
none match where the user is coming from.

* Online users: might be interesting, but again, how ?

* Wallpaper: already discussed

* Perhaps we should add a "*" in the menu Documentation -> Library, to
mark the link differently (you leave the website)

* Soften the reflection of the header saying "The power of simplicity at
work for you"

For the rationale of each point, look at the original e-mail. In a
nutshell, I just would say "allow non Javascript users, and don't make
me use the fancy view of the team to just get ben's CV"

Now, that wasn't so bad, was it ?

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────