debian package and 0.39_beta thoughts

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 21:52:03 UTC 2009

On 22:13 Sat 05 Dec     , PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:

> > 0.39-rc1 is buggy on windows and need some fixes.
> > But we can use this version to prepare the debian package for the 0.4 release.
>
> I see a problem with how things are organize on the compiler.git repository.
>
> If you consider the master branch as the next stable version, you should make all the changes in the master then
> merge it to the stable branch.
>
> but for now stable contain some relevant changes that are not in master (especially the Makefile and maybe other things)
>
> So to my opinion it would be nice exceptionnaly to merge stable into master to include the relevant changes of stable into master. The stable branch must be contain in the master branch. This is not the case today.
>
> what do you think about this ?

I didn't get a look, but as it was discussed, stable will be merged with master
when master is considering stable enough at some point of the development.

I don't know if Benoit has handled this in the right way...

@Farzad. If you see Benoit soon, can you tell him to be careful with this.

But the point you raised before was to move stable to upstream right ?