debian package and 0.39_beta thoughts

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Dec 5 22:11:48 UTC 2009

> I didn't get a look, but as it was discussed, stable will be merged with master
> when master is considering stable enough at some point of the development.

> I don't know if Benoit has handled this in the right way...

All I try to say is that the right makefile is in stable and not in master.

It would be nice to have also the right Makefile in the master branch.
The problem was that changes to the makefile were done on the stable branch instead of the
stable one after the master merge into stable.

commit 1d04c17d191d3229849e5398d9662d7f922221b0

commit 1f1e5691ad4218fb3d399bb1d0b91ba16037f205

then 2nd "mistake", the lisaac.tar.gz was generated not from the stable branch but from the master
one. -> Makefile problem :)

It would be nice to avoid developement on stable and to put every changes in the master branch.
Even bug fix must be part of master + stable.

stable is juste there to allow bugfix of the current stable version :).

did I missed something ?

> @Farzad. If you see Benoit soon, can you tell him to be careful with this.

In fact it seems to me that some changes in stable (work done in 2009-11-11 by Myldred) is not part of master.
This cause a problem because master do not represent the next stable version. when you are working and testing
the master branch you are missing a few stables "features".

So it would be nice instead of merging master into stable, EXCEPTIONNALY here to merge stable into master
to start on the right foot then to only add changes into master.

> But the point you raised before was to move stable to upstream right ?

Yes

See you

Frederic