debian package and 0.39_beta thoughts

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 00:08:31 UTC 2009

On 23:41 Sat 05 Dec     , PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Well, there was a lot of complains about the Makefile and that it should
> > by default run install_lisaac.li. There was also the problem that
> > shorter.c is no longer in the bin directory (at least in the repository)
> > and that was a problem with install_lisaac.
>
> > So, Ben (I suppose) decided to remove everything and only include stuff
> > for install_lisaac.
>
> > When I merged this specific part to the stable branch, I just kept most
> > of the old things in the makefile, while keeping the default behaviour
> > desired for install_lisaac. But of course this was never merged back in
> > the master branch and never appeared in the beta.
>
> > I suppose this will find its way in the next beta release.
>

> Yes bu not compleatly . We really need to merge stable into master at least one time.
> before going further.

The main point is that nobody has to commit to stable, only benoit merge things
from master to stable  when a new feature is ready.

Doing some stable to master merge get things confusing.

A small remember:

* master : Where Benoit work and nobody else.
* stable : Benoit merge things from master to stable when a feature is ready
* name-feature: Everbody can do a branch with a new feature, and then ask Benoit
                to do the merge.
* debian : where the debian packaging is
* pristine-tar : for debian too

@ Fred. For debian, we thus need a upstream branch where we could put upstream
tags from the stable branch and then use it for packaging.

So, branch debian, upstream and pristine-tar are debian related branch.

Greetings,
 ,''`. Xavier Oswald                         | xoswald at debian.org
: :' : Software Engineer at CALDERA GRAPHICS | http://www.caldera.eu
`. `'  GNU/LINUX Debian Developer            | http://www.debian.org