[Logcheck-devel] smart attribute messages

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Wed Sep 6 13:14:16 UTC 2006

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck at debian.org> [2006.09.04.1700 +0200]:
> Fair enough. I think I did commit rules to ignore them, however, so
> these need to be undone. Since you seem to know smartd better than
> I do, would you be willing to have a go? If you don't have SVN
> commit rights, I'll happily apply for you.

While we're on the topic:

Sep  6 14:29:18 piper smartd[5287]: Device:
  /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Maxtor_7Y250M0_Y63XCJRE, SMART Prefailure Attribute:
  8 Seek_Time_Performance changed from 245 to 244

I started using /dev/disk/by-id/* because DEVICESCAN is broken and
my disks would just randomly change order. Maybe it's worth to move
away from /dev/[sh]d[a-z]...

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

"brevity is the soul of wit."