[Neurodebian-devel] No commit permissions for DDs :-(

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Apr 18 02:27:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > for the contribution  -- I think it should not place any
> > additional burden for you and we would feel honored from having
> > you on the team if you join ;)
> It's fine for me if you add me to the project.  I basically would love
> to be able to do similar commits and would like to be able to do so
> flawlessly.

Welcome to the team, Senior Developer tille ;)

> > I have committed  and pushed from your name.
> Fine.  BTW, there is no real need to keep my name - IMHO code does
> matter more than names. :-)

;-)  yes, but I am anal that way -- trying to give people credit for
their work when I think it is appropriate to do so and means allow ;)

> > (BTW -- are multiple citations possible as well now? sorry I got
> > lost in that thread)
> This
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/rostlab/disulfinder/trunk/debian/upstream?revision=9492&view=markup
> is a valid example (Comment field is ignored and unneeded) where you can
> see valid syntax.

Cool! thanks!  quick questions:

- is 2bibtex converter ready?

- am I allowed to use latex symbols or should be pure utf8?

- am I allowed to use bibtex {} (? or is that latex) to assure
  proper capitalization e.g. in the titles would be {DISULFIND} to
  guarantee that latex would not lower case it

  or 2bibtex converter would do that magically somehow? ;)

- why in first entry Title: is inclosed in '' while in others not

> > :-/
> > so I guess it would need me to talk to admins and seek transfering
> > ownership to "newer" me first ;)

> I remember that Charles dealt with Alioth admins about this and as far
> as I know ACLs were used somehow.

I was able to set  Debian group access rights for that (only for now)
directory using my yoh-guest account.  I guess that was the way but now
I you are part of the team anyways, so there should be no obstacles