[Neurodebian-devel] [debian at onerussian.com: Re: No commit permissions for DDs :-(]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Apr 18 17:28:13 UTC 2012

Hi Yaroslav,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:01:47AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> oops -- I didn't CC you -- are you on the list?

No, I'm not - so CC is welcome (in this specific case).  I should have
asked for this.

> > It's fine for me if you add me to the project.  I basically would love
> > to be able to do similar commits and would like to be able to do so
> > flawlessly.
>
> Welcome to the team, Senior Developer tille ;)

:-)
BTW, does anybody know the difference between Senior and Junior developer???

> > > I have committed  and pushed from your name.
> > Fine.  BTW, there is no real need to keep my name - IMHO code does
> > matter more than names. :-)
>
> ;-)  yes, but I am anal that way -- trying to give people credit for
> their work when I think it is appropriate to do so and means allow ;)

I insist that it would have been more credit of my work if you would
have commited with "any" name and would have created an upstream file
for another package.  Simply seek for "Published-*" fields in the
imaging task and move this to a debian/upstream file. :-)

> Cool! thanks!  quick questions:
>
> - is 2bibtex converter ready?

Not yet.  You should request this harder and perhaps specify where
exactly you would like to see the result of this conversion.  It's quite
cheap to get but if there is no specification some other tasks seem more
urgent to do.

> - am I allowed to use latex symbols or should be pure utf8?

Please stick to utf8.  For the Web output I do simply copy the strings.

> - am I allowed to use bibtex {} (? or is that latex) to assure
>   proper capitalization e.g. in the titles would be {DISULFIND} to
>   guarantee that latex would not lower case it

My idea was to make the BibTeX output verbose in any case by enclosing
the values into {{}}.

>   or 2bibtex converter would do that magically somehow? ;)

If you consider the {{}} enclosion "magic" than yes. :-)

> - why in first entry Title: is inclosed in '' while in others not

If a title contains the string ": " it needs to be quotet in YAML
syntax.  You can also use

  title: >
    title containing some :  string

> I was able to set  Debian group access rights for that (only for now)
> directory using my yoh-guest account.  I guess that was the way but now
> I you are part of the team anyways, so there should be no obstacles

No problem with this for me.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--