[Neurodebian-devel] [debian at onerussian.com: Re: No commit permissions for DDs :-(]

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Apr 18 17:57:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:
> No, I'm not - so CC is welcome (in this specific case).  I should have
> asked for this.

will CC from now on

> > > It's fine for me if you add me to the project.  I basically would love
> > > to be able to do similar commits and would like to be able to do so
> > > flawlessly.
> > Welcome to the team, Senior Developer tille ;)
> :-)
> BTW, does anybody know the difference between Senior and Junior developer???

of cause -- now you will get better benefits ;)
seriously though -- I have no clue if there is any.  May be there is
somewhere a way to assign different permissions for different
positions...

> > ;-)  yes, but I am anal that way -- trying to give people credit for
> > their work when I think it is appropriate to do so and means allow ;)
> I insist that it would have been more credit of my work if you would
> have commited with "any" name and would have created an upstream file
> for another package.  Simply seek for "Published-*" fields in the
> imaging task and move this to a debian/upstream file. :-)

fair enough -- I promise to (slowly) follow your advise! ;)

> > Cool! thanks!  quick questions:

> > - is 2bibtex converter ready?

> Not yet.  You should request this harder and perhaps specify where
> exactly you would like to see the result of this conversion.  It's quite
> cheap to get but if there is no specification some other tasks seem more
> urgent to do.

sure.  I guess I am seeking for the tool/API which would just spit
out/return a bibtex entry.  Then it could be used in various use-cases,
e.g. [BIB] link for such references on task pages,  old dbib_collect [1]
could use it too, ...

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-exppsy/debian-bibliography.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=tools/dbib_collect

> > - am I allowed to use latex symbols or should be pure utf8?
> Please stick to utf8.  For the Web output I do simply copy the strings.

ok

> > - am I allowed to use bibtex {} (? or is that latex) to assure
> >   proper capitalization e.g. in the titles would be {DISULFIND} to
> >   guarantee that latex would not lower case it
> My idea was to make the BibTeX output verbose in any case by enclosing
> the values into {{}}.

hm, I wonder if there are corner cases (e.g. reference styles etc)
where full-line enclosure would be undesirable due to enforcing given
capitalization on the whole line... but I guess should be ok in majority
of the cases.

> > - why in first entry Title: is inclosed in '' while in others not
> If a title contains the string ": " it needs to be quotet in YAML
> syntax.  You can also use
>   title: >
>     title containing some :  string

ah -- thanks for the explanation

Looking back at
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/rostlab/disulfinder/trunk/debian/upstream?revision=9492&view=markup
example

- Author: A. Ceroni, P. Frasconi, A. Passerini and A. Vullo

  is not acceptable for bibtex since 'and' must be used as a separator,
  not commas, right?

- are we following a convention to shorten first names and list them
  first, i.e. in "F. Last" format

- should we always use abbreviated first name or allow full first names?

- is it allowed to use comma notation for the names -- some times it
  might simply be necessary as in "von Last, Jr, First" case ?