[Neurodebian-devel] Uploading pyqtgraph packages

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Jan 21 05:35:06 UTC 2013

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, Luke Campagnola wrote:

>    Howdy List,
>    I am the developer of acq4 ([1]acq4.org) and pyqtgraph ([2]pyqtgraph.org).
>    I am interested in having my packages added to the NeuroDebian and Debian
>    repositories.�I have been in contact with Yaroslav, who has offered to
>    help me with this. Here's where I am at:
>    - Debian packages for pyqtgraph are built; I have .dsc and .orig.tar.gz
>    - Lintian reports the following warnings when I build the package (using
>    debuild -us -uc):
>    � � W: python-pyqtgraph source: changelog-should-mention-nmu�
>    � � W: python-pyqtgraph source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number
>    0.9.5-1

I guess you are missing .debian.tar.gz -- i.e. containing the content of
debian/ directory -- packaging.  It should stay separate from the
.orig.tar.gz so Debian folks if needed could provide additional
patches/changes without touching "upstream release".

>    - Currently setting up COWs using nd_adddistall; I'll report back when
>    this is complete.

;-) cool... I have heard about some intricacies on some late ubuntus...
haven't checked on that yet.  What is your host system?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences