[Neurodebian-devel] Uploading pyqtgraph packages

Luke Campagnola lcampagn at email.unc.edu
Mon Jan 21 15:14:35 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko
<debian at onerussian.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, Luke Campagnola wrote:
>
> >    Howdy List,
> >    I am the developer of acq4 ([1]acq4.org) and pyqtgraph
> > ([2]pyqtgraph.org).
> >    I am interested in having my packages added to the NeuroDebian and
> > Debian
> >    repositories.�I have been in contact with Yaroslav, who has offered
> >    help me with this. Here's where I am at:
> >    - Debian packages for pyqtgraph are built; I have .dsc and
> > .orig.tar.gz
> >    - Lintian reports the following warnings when I build the package
> > (using
> >    debuild -us -uc):
> >    � � W: python-pyqtgraph source: changelog-should-mention-nmu�
> >    � � W: python-pyqtgraph source:
> > source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number
> >    0.9.5-1
>
> I guess you are missing .debian.tar.gz -- i.e. containing the content of
> debian/ directory -- packaging.  It should stay separate from the
> .orig.tar.gz so Debian folks if needed could provide additional
> patches/changes without touching "upstream release".

My build directory looks like this:
 python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1_all.deb
 python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1.debian.tar.gz
 python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1.dsc
 python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1_i386.build
 python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1_i386.changes
 python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5.orig.tar.gz

> >    - Currently setting up COWs using nd_adddistall; I'll report back
> > when
> >    this is complete.
>
> ;-) cool... I have heard about some intricacies on some late ubuntus...
> haven't checked on that yet.  What is your host system?

Ubuntu 12.04

nd_adddistall failed. I get these errors during the installation of
each amd64 distribution (this is a 32-bit machine):

 W: Failure trying to run: chroot
/home/brain/deb/cow/nd+debian-wheezy-amd64.cow/. mount -t proc proc
/proc
 E: debootstrap failed
 W: Aborting with an error

Probably this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debootstrap/+bug/595908
Looks like the solution is to use a 64-bit machine instead..

Luke