[Neurodebian-devel] Adding a resting-state fMRI toolbox to the repository

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:24:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM, André Hoffmann <antihero2006 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you very  much for your thoughts on this!
>
> I take it that it’d be best for me if I either create a separate package
> that contains the fsliolib in the non-free section or integrate the library
> directly into my code and then make the whole thing a non-free contribution.
> I think the latter one would be the easiest, since it would require me to
> add only one package as opposed to two (Disclaimer: it’s my first
> contribution to NeuroDebian and thus I’m not exactly fluent in all the
> processes involved).

Quick feedback on fslio: The reason why that library is no longer built
from the nifticlib package is that upstream explicitly stated that is is
outdated, partially broken and should not be used (it was more of a demo).
The fslio that FSL builds against, in contrast, is maintained and more
advanced. However, it is treated as an integral part of FSL, changes
frequently and cannot become its own library package.

Sadly,

Michael