[Neurodebian-upstream] PyNN + NeuroTools packages

Andrew Davison andrewpdavison at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 16:02:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Saturday, November 13, 2010, Yaroslav Halchenko
<debian at onerussian.com> wrote:
> Hi Yury,
>
>> Are you aware of any packaging efforts of these Python modules?
>
> unfortunately not.
>
> on our side we started working on covering neuralensemble (and closely
> related) products:  Neuron is in works, Brian packaging is pretty much
> done, openelectrophy -- it was packaged but currently guys are redoing
> much, so packaging is not applying as is, i.e. needs work.
>
> PyNN, NeuroTools -- if there is demand, we will get them packaged.  May
> be you would be interested to join the effort, i.e. we provide initial
> packaging, and then you jump in helping to maintain them?
>
> I have not investigated yet either any there were prior packaging
> efforts.  If you get us in touch with the authors -- it would be great;
> are they Linux, Debian/Ubuntu users by any chance? ;)

I'm the principal developer of PyNN and am also in involved in
NeuroTools. I would love to get these tools packaged, but the
steepness of the initial learning curve has always put me off.

 I am at SfN and will swing by the Neuodebian booth later today.

(And yes, I am an Ubuntu user :-)

Cheers,

Andrew