[newmaint-site] News from the mini-DebConf in Cambridge

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Nov 16 12:38:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've been doing mischief at the mini-DebConf in Cambridge, and I've
always been kicked out of the builinding and into a pub before I could
write news here. Finally I managed.

News about contributors.debian.org:
 - If you list data sources, you can see Last submission and Latest
   contribution information, which can be used to spot sources that
   stopped sending data.
 - I've implemented a way to track which users are responsible for a
   data source: now when you create a data source, your names is added
   to a list of 'admins' and people can be added or removed from that
   list. No access control is provided at the moment except that one
   should be logged in to edit things, but can be added when needed.
 - Submission now uses a file upload in the post, because otherwise
   there is a maximum size of a standard HTTP post.
 - Uploaded contribution data can be compressed with gzip or xz
 - Source and ContributionType editing forms now have sensible field
   names and should be self-documenting.

I've also documented the process of submitting data, at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianContributors (finally!)

We finally have a true data source: thanks to Steve McIntyre we now have
wiki contributors information sent daily!

I've started working on a python-debiancontributors library to simplify
the task of implementing a data source. More on this later.

I think we're this >< close to finally post an announcement to
debian-devel-announce. I plan to do it once I can reason with a clean
head again after the end of the miniconference.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>