[Po4a-devel]New makefiles

martin.quinson@free.fr martin.quinson@free.fr
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:06:51 +0200

Selon Jordi Vilalta <jvprat@wanadoo.es>:

> Hi there,
>=20
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
>=20
> > The right solution would be to get the manpage and mo file generation=
 out
> of
> > the regular Makefile, and include them properly to the Perl build sys=
tem.
> >=20
> > If you want to look at this issue, you're more than welcome.
>=20
> The MakeMaker FAQ says: "Module::Build is the official heir apparent to=
=20
> MakeMaker and we encourage people to work on M::B rather than spending=20
> time improving MakeMaker". So this is what I've done. I attach the new=20
> files, and the ones I modified. Now, the basic distribution can be=20
> installed with:

Ouch, that hurts:

mquinson@basalt:~/src/PERSO/PACKAGES/po4a/po4a-cvs$ make tar
perl Build.PL installdirs=3Dvendor
Can't locate Module/Build.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl/=
5.6.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl=
/5.6.1
/usr/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at Build.PL line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Build.PL line 1.
make: *** [Build] Error 2

The damm machine I have to use until my laptop is fixed uses the stable v=
ersion
of Debian, which is more than a year old...

Could you please fetch the CVS and check that I commited your changes cor=
rectly?

Sorry about that, and thanks for your great job.
Mt.