[Po4a-devel]Non breaking spaces in man pages

Nicolas François nicolas.francois@centraliens.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:43:36 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 11:11:06AM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Nicolas François wrote:
> >Can you have a look at this patch.
> >
> >I think it deals with this issue.
>
> Thanks, it seems so

Committed.
The regression test was OK.

> Just one question. Is there a reason to convert the original "\ " to "\=
\ "
> in the po file? (idem for "\\-"). I've opened it in a po editor and it
> shows \\. It would be easier for translators to have just one \, but I
> don't know if it's done to distinguish them from other constructions.

Yes, one \ would be easier (to write and read), but I think msgid and
msgstr are C strings, and \ need to be escaped into \\ (I may be wrong on
this, maybe it is not mandatory).

Regards,
--
Nekral