[Po4a-devel]WML (was: New website?)

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:55:35 +0100

--tEFtbjk+mNEviIIX

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 10:20:02PM +0000, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 09:52:30PM +0000, Yves Rutschle wrote:
> > That's true; I suppose what is done on www.debian.org or
> > www.gnu.org is the simplest way.
>=20
> Actually, does anyone know how the translations of these Web
> sites are maintained and generated?

Yeah, indeed. Actually, the debian webmasters don't write the complete html
files, but use a tool called wml. This tool happens to be maintained by
Denis :)

My personal web page also uses this tool, and I've made a little
introduction page about it. It's not perfect, but you can see it here:
http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~mquinson/about.html

If you want my personal opinion, it's quite a waste of resources to write
the po4a site in php since there is no dynamic part. Wml gives you the
ability to programatically build your site (intead of writing every bit
manually) without requiering to rebuild them for each user when it's not
used.=20

But since I'm not the one who will do the site, whatever solution you will
happen to choose is fine to me. But since you asked...

Bye, Mt.

--tEFtbjk+mNEviIIX

--tEFtbjk+mNEviIIX--