[Po4a-devel] po4a & Markdown

Sergey Korobitsin undertaker at arta.kz
Wed Jan 28 08:25:36 UTC 2015

Jonas Smedegaard ☫ → To Sergey Korobitsin @ Wed, Jan 28, 2015 09:04 +0100

> Hmm, not sure if you mean to say that it isn't working or that you
> solved the problem on your own.  Obviously I hope it is the latter :-)

You pointed me to an option of po4a-updatepo, and I don't use it
directly, but via main po4a executable. I've solved the problem with
your help, thanks :-)

> > P.S. As I've found, not all features of Markdown are supported,
> > the first one is old style headers (==== and ----). But they are
> > preserved in PO file, so that's not a big problem.
>
> My goal was to parse not all Markdown markup but the least possible to
> not break when tumbling it through po4a.

OK, that's clear to me.

> As I recall, I found old-style
> headers to cause problems treated as plain text - what (non-big) problem
> do you see with it?

A I see, non-sophisticated translator can omit the '=====' and '----'
lines and leave only translated header itself, and at the output we'll
get broken structure. Then, it can be workarounded by some kind of
Translator's HOWTO, but people are people, and it would better if this
case processes automatically.