[sane-standard] New error codes for SANE2

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:48:41 +0200

Hi,

which new error codes are useful for SANE2? At the moment we have these:

SANE_STATUS_GOOD          0     Operation completed succesfully.
SANE_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED   1 	Operation is not supported.
SANE_STATUS_CANCELLED 	  2 	Operation was cancelled.
SANE_STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY   3 	Device is busy---retry later.
SANE_STATUS_INVAL 	  4 	Data or argument is invalid.
SANE_STATUS_EOF 	  5 	No more data available (end-of-file).
SANE_STATUS_JAMMED 	  6 	Document feeder jammed.
SANE_STATUS_NO_DOCS 	  7 	Document feeder out of documents.
SANE_STATUS_COVER_OPEN 	  8 	Scanner cover is open.
SANE_STATUS_IO_ERROR 	  9 	Error during device I/O.
SANE_STATUS_NO_MEM 	  10 	Out of memory.
SANE_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED 11    Access to resource has been denied

Ideas include:

SANE_STATUS_DEVICE_NO_MEM   Scanner's memory is too low for the scan request
SANE_STATUS_FILE_NOT_FOUND  File not found
SANE_STATUS_FW_NOT_FOUND    Firmware file not found
SANE_STATUS_POWER_FAIL      Device power failure---check cabling
SANE_STATUS_OPTION_ERROR    Option can't be set or read

I'm only talking about these fixed error messages here, not "option
foo not available".

Bye,
  Henning