[Secure-testing-team] debconf9

Nico Golde debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de
Sun Jul 26 15:48:11 UTC 2009

Hi,
* Micah Anderson <micah at riseup.net> [2009-07-26 15:24]:
> * Micah Anderson <micah at riseup.net> [2009-07-24 11:40-0400]:
> > * Nico Golde <debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de> [2009-07-24 11:02-0400]:
[...]
> So the doodle results are giving us a number of options, including 6
> minutes ago. I think we should pass on that one, and instead schedule it
> a day or two from now so that everyone has some time to realize the
> situation.
>
> So, I'll make unilateral decision that we will do this on the 29th at
> 4pm (16:00).

Great!

> I suspect that this is more intended to be a discussion amongst the
> involved security folks, rather than a general purpose BoF or
> presentation. However, would anyone have an objection to scheduling it
> on penta? That would mean other people would show up, which could be a
> distraction, or a recruiting opportunity, depending on how you see it.
>
> Since I haven't been involved recently, nor was it my idea to organize
> this BoF, I also dont have particular agenda items in mind. So, topics
> for an agenda?

I have a few points in mind which may be nice to discuss:
- more members for testing-security, how do we get new
  people in? I think we have becoming pretty good in
  maintaing the tracker recently but we really lack of
  people who also fix bugs and write patches
- testing migration, almost no one cares about testing
  migration at the moment which is one of the reasons we
  don't have security support for testing at the moment
- testing security support, what needs to be done and how
  can we solve the current problems.
- Debian as a CNA, while we can assign CVE ids the current
  workflow is far from perfect, we have large delays
  sometimes getting CVE ids and I think binding this to one
  person is a rather bad idea.

That's what comes to my mind. Any other ideas?
Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion at jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA