[Secure-testing-team] debconf9

Stefan Fritsch sf at sfritsch.de
Sun Jul 26 19:21:29 UTC 2009

>> Since I haven't been involved recently, nor was it my idea to organize
>> this BoF, I also dont have particular agenda items in mind. So, topics
>> for an agenda?
>
> I have a few points in mind which may be nice to discuss:
> - more members for testing-security, how do we get new
>   people in? I think we have becoming pretty good in
>   maintaing the tracker recently but we really lack of
>   people who also fix bugs and write patches
> - testing migration, almost no one cares about testing
>   migration at the moment which is one of the reasons we
>   don't have security support for testing at the moment
> - testing security support, what needs to be done and how
>   can we solve the current problems.
> - Debian as a CNA, while we can assign CVE ids the current
>   workflow is far from perfect, we have large delays
>   sometimes getting CVE ids and I think binding this to one
>   person is a rather bad idea.

- how to push for enabling more hardening compile options in
  squeeze
- moving infrastructure to the new KVM instance (currently the
  testing-security infrastructure is spread over three non
  debian.org hosts)
- tracking of packages that got into testing/unstable from
  proposed upgrades (and how to detect if the maintainer uploads
  a vulnerable version again)