[DSE-User] SELinux on Etch

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Apr 29 12:13:38 UTC 2007

On Friday 27 April 2007 10:38, pietro <pietro at riseup.net> wrote:
> I installed and configured SELinux following the wiki[0] instructions. I
> haven't changed to enforce mode yet because there lot's of audit
> messages when I'm booting and when I run some programs.
> 'check-selinux-installation' complains about "Old style ttys", but I
> removed the static tty/ptys. It seems they get created during the boot
> process. How do I prevent the static tty/ptys from being created? Should
> I file bugs against the policy or the individual packages for the audit
> messages?

The old-style ptys is not considered to be a bug, reporting a bug against Etch
will not do any good.  For Lenny they will be gone (the change has already
gone in).

I don't know how to make udev not create the device nodes, it is possible to
do, please let me know if you discover the trick.

russell at coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development