[Shootout-list] Broken windows

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:53:06 -0700 (PDT)

There are some broken windows on the shootout that get in the way.

The main obstacles are the broken log pages:
- without being able to see why a program failed on the test machine,
there's no way practical approach to fixing it (we just have to badger
Brent for that information)
- without seeing how a program was compiled we have a very partial
understanding of the performance measurements.

imo Increasing the test size has been success (Although String
Concatention is still way off the scale). Now we just need to figure
out what the timing resolution we have on the test machine - I'm
quietly confident that it's worse than the 0.0001s that we present ;-)
(Probably 0.01s maybe 0.001s.)