[Shootout-list] Broken windows

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brent Fulgham <bfulgham@debian.org> wrote:
> I'm just going to include the runlog and the output from each
program.
> That's what I usually use to figure out why a program failed, and it
> should be sufficient.  We'll need to add another link on the page
> (instead of just 'log' we should also show 'output'.

Wouldn't it be OK for now to show both 'runlog' and 'output' on the
same page? That was the approach on the Win32 Shootout
   http://dada.perl.it/shootout/ackermann_ocaml_log.txt

Unfortunately we only have *successful* programs shown on the test
pages, so there are no 'runlog' and 'output' pages for the programs
that timeout or fail. We could show the fails like
   http://dada.perl.it/shootout/ackermann.html