[Shootout-list] Re: Integer overflow

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:34:58 +0200

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> imo it would be reasonable to add a test to measure process/thread
> creation time. (Create a 1000 processes/threads and tear them down,
> n-times - like the object creation test.)

yes, please.
i have written such a test in erlang (as a reaction to the object
instantiation test), and sent it in some time ago.
there is a difference. in my test i create N threads, since this is a
better measure of how well a language handles massively parallell
programming (see Concurrency Oriented programming in Erlang
http://www.sics.se/~joe/talks/ll2_2202.pdf)

> (Why we would want a more "complicated" test?)

beats me. to make itr more difficult to draw conclusions from it :-)

bengt