[Shootout-list] Weekly Update

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:58:51 +0200

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> We already have 2 tests which don't sensibly apply across all the
> languages - object instantiation and method calls. (Mea Culpa - I did
> the Clean implementations.)

as i have already written on this subject, it would actually be a good
thing (tm) to only allow object oriented languages in these 2 tests.
but i find it is just too difficult to select. ok, erlang is not oo,
eiffel is oo, but what about scheme? i agree that
''objects are a poor mans closures''
and would definitly allow scheme.

> Having Clean and GCC and Erlang implementations of OO tests is
> wonderfully silly :-) Those implementations only exist for CRAPS rankings.

i could not agree more.

bengt