[Shootout-list] Re: commercial benchmarks

Alan Post apost@recalcitrant.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:48:13 +0000 (UTC)

In article <4157C8AF.9050103@ericsson.com>, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>>
>> To pursue the marketing agenda I think proper, I may very well have to
>> do that.  I'm not convinced that you, or other parties here, have much
>> interest in professional quality, commercially viable benchmarks.
>
> perhaps it would be possible for you to take as much as the license
> allows of the shooutout, and create another benchmark site? while not
> the best solution it might be the simplest.

You are apparently unfamiliar with Mr. Van Every.  His MO is to show
up on a list, flame everybody for not doing what he wants, and then to
move on to another list.  Most recently he was doing this on the ocaml
lists.

You should not expect him to actually *do* anything constructive.

I've been killfiling his posts for a few months now.

  Alan