[Shootout-list] Re: Integer overflow, massivly parallell

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

> imho it goes against the idea of bench marking to dumb down the tests
> until as many as possible can get a good score.

But it's OK to dumb down until Erlang can get a good score?

People will scan the test, see that none of the languages they
recognise are included and stop reading. If they recognise some names
they might even wonder for a second why those mainstream languages
perform worse than those other unknown languages.

Brent Fulgham wrote:
> > even Erlang starts to choke at the  high end
> > (not completing the test for 1,000 messages in less than 20
seconds...