[Shootout-list] preserving historical data

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:16:22 +0200

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
...deleted
> It seems you have no idea how much more stable your UNIX world is than
> the Windows PC world.

why do you think i am avoiding it? :-)

i must admit that i never considered the possibility that windows
software (os and programs for the os) would be deteriorating to the same
extent that the hardware does.
theoretically software does not deteriorate.

> How big are these archive files we're arguing about anyways?

imho, kilo bytes.

i think we arguing about if the effort to keep an archive relevant is
worth it, compared to the effort to keep an old verion alive (i am
assuming that if a test is alive it is relevant. ymmv).

bengt