[Shootout-list] Threads and Threads-Flow Proposal

Kevin Carson kevincarson@shaw.ca
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:43:45 -0700

I have read the FAQ about submitting benchmarks.  Before I went to all the
trouble of building up a new benchmark submission (ie, collecting data,
providing sample code in three languages, etc.) I wanted to test the mood of
the community around the idea; especially as the proposed change was a
simple one to existing benchmarks.

In short, a Request For Comment submitted the mailing list seems to be a lot
less effort all around than doing all the work detailed in the FAQ and
launching it blindly into the tracking system.  Most importantly the
community can provide input that might enhance its comparability.

Kevin