[Shootout-list] Threads and Threads-Flow Proposal

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:32:34 +0200

Kevin Carson wrote:
...deleted
> In short, a Request For Comment submitted the mailing list seems to be a lot
> less effort all around than doing all the work detailed in the FAQ and
> launching it blindly into the tracking system.  Most importantly the
> community can provide input that might enhance its comparability.

i agree. especially about the enhancement opportunities.

my suggestion is that one describes a test in a language neutral form.
and explain why, and how, it looks like it does.

because if you provide only an implemenation, only people with an
interest in that language will understand it. and if you do not explain
the why and how, you might end up with something that goes outside of
the shootouts very narrow focus. which is not a good idea.

bengt