[Shootout-list] Stuff (wide range of languages)

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:46:05 +0200

Jon Harrop wrote:
...deleted
> We need to ossify "a wide range of languages": My guess is that all of my
> programs should be implementable in D, SML, C#, OCaml, C++, Lisp, Java,
> Haskell, Lua, Scheme, Perl, Python and Felix. Is that wide enough?

currently the faq says ''Provide implementations in an interpreted
language, a JIT language, and a compiled language'' which is 3
languages. i am assuming it is cheating to use a single language that
can be used in all 3 ways, although this is not made explicit.
we also have the ''100 lines of code in C#/Java'' which is a
specification of another 2 (or 1, remains to be seen. i have not seen an
answer to my question about that).
perhaps language families would be a better description? ie, one of the
algol languages, one of the lisp, one of ml? that is also 3
implementations. and yes, we would need to list which languages that
goes into which families.

bengt