[Shootout-list] request to put MLton on "The Usual" page

John Skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 06:23:03 +1000

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 10:17 +0200, Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> one way of handling the selection process would be to have a neutral
> wellcome page without detailed information. from that it could be
> possible to select the set of languages and tests that are of interest.
> if there was a description of ''how and why'' there could even be
> pre-selected sets.

I have suggested in the past a system where each page comparing
languages has a drop down list box, with a list of categories,
for example 'popular', 'functional', 'compiled', 'bytecode', etc
for the languages. Ideally there would also be a way to set your
individual preferences too, for example a list of all the languages
and a checkbox for each, just tick the ones you want to compare.
However making this personal data persistent may be more
extra work than just making the category persistent (I don't
really know)

Perhaps something like 'the top 10' songs. That's
the top 10 rock, metal, hip-hop, R&B, jazz, classical ...

John Skaller, skaller at users.sf.net
PO Box 401 Glebe, NSW 2037, Australia Ph:61-2-96600850
Download Felix here: http://felix.sf.net