[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:51:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> Brent has very kindly given me CVS access to the shootout so I've
> uploaded my OCaml, MLton, C++ and Java implementations of the ray
> tracer.
> In all cases I chose the fastest implementations under 100 LOC
> (according to the shootout's LOC count).

> As this was my first commit I didn't change anyone else's
> submissions.

There's a FAQ for committers
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/sandbox/miscfile.php?sort=fullcpu&file=committerfaq&title=Committer%A0FAQ

> Out of interest, I added the shortest of all my implementations as
> well - 57 LOC of OCaml (OCaml #2).

Doug Bagley had the optimistic notion that everyone would honour this:

4. Write the program as-if lines of code were not being measured.
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/sandbox/faq.php?sort=fullcpu#implementlist

> I put the standard comment header at the top of each program. Are
> these ok regarding licensing?

As long as you are the real author of the programs - but if the
programs were authored by someone else and shown on a discussion forum
then they should contribute them to the shootout.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com